A study published in the journal Developmental Cell suggests that scientists may be able to treat and prevent cleft lips …
Birth Defect Lawsuit
If your baby is born with a congenital heart defect, a lung disorder, a head or skull defect, a limb malformation, or any other type of abnormality, a birth defect lawsuit may be right for you. Our attorneys advocate for affected infants and their families and seek to hold the responsible parties accountable. To find out if you qualify to pursue damages on behalf of your baby, please contact us today.
Types of Birth Defect Lawsuits
Drug manufacturing companies have a responsibility to American consumers. If a medication causes harm, the manufacturing company may be held liable. In cases involving birth defects, drug makers may be held liable if they knew about potential dangers and failed to provide adequate warnings.
Doctors also have a responsibility to disclose any risks involved with the medications they prescribe. If their patients are of the child bearing age, doctors should warn them about the possible risk of birth defects associated with any of the medications they are taking. If a patient was unaware of the risks and ended up having complications, the doctor might also be held liable.
Our birth defect lawyers represent women who took a medication during her pregnancy and gave birth to a child with a birth defect such as:
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN), a serious lung disorder
- Heart defects, ranging from septal heart defects to tetralogy of fallot
- Omphalocele, abdominal wall defect in which the intestines protrude through the belly button
- Craniosynostosis, a skull defect in which the sutures in the skull close prematurely
- Spina Bifida, a neural tube defect
- Anal Atresia, anus or rectum malformation/defect
- Club foot, a defect that affects one or more of the baby's feet
- Cleft lip, an oral and facial malformation that can lead to complications with feeding and speech
- Cleft palate, another facial defect that can occur in combination with cleft lip or on its own
Causes of Fetal Birth Defects
There are several causes of birth defects, some of which are unknown. But, when a medication causes developmental complications, the infant and his or her parents may be entitled to compensation. To find out if you and your baby are eligible pursue damages by filing a birth defect lawsuit, please contact our attorneys today.
A lawsuit was filed Nov. 4 on behalf of eight different couples who claim that Zoloft® caused their infants to …
A Depakote® birth defect lawsuit was filed Oct. 17 on behalf of a woman who claims her daughter developed spina …